[This article is brought to you with support by WebTenerife]
Tenerife is one of the most popular and touristic spots in the Canary Islands; it has plenty to offer and it’s fantastic for whatever type of holiday you’re after. Surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, it has some of the most amazing beaches in the world. Hotels in Tenerife are in abundance, resort hotels and beach hotels are among the most popular. From party holidays to family holidays Tenerife can make your vacation better than you ever imagined. If you want a break from all the relaxing and sun bathing Tenerife has plenty of activities to offer as well, from water sports to parks. Here are a few great places to visit and things to do to help you make the most of your holiday:
- Water sports- Go to your local beach! There´s bound to be plenty of activities on offer around the sea from scuba diving to jet skiing.
- Valle de Masca- Surrounded by beautiful landscapes, this is the perfect place for you to do all the walking and hiking you want.
- Mount Teide- This volcano is one of the greatest in the world, its summit is the highest point in Spain and it´s the third highest volcano in the world from its base.
- Jardin Botanico- If you are into plants, then the botanical gardens could be your paradise, check out this beautiful botanical garden.
Tenerife, despite what you may think, is more than just white sands and blue seas. There´s plenty available to keep you entertained throughout the day. And in the evening, whether in your hotel or a local restaurant, you´ll also be able to enjoy dinner, drinks and a show every night. Flamenco shows are among the most popular, given the island’s Spanish heritage. Make sure you see a show, it´s a fantastic way for you to relax in the evening.
When you are away on an exotic island, you want to make the most of it and enjoy what´s on offer. Tenerife has some wonderful dishes on the menu that will leave you wanting more. Of course you have the traditional Spanish tapas and sangria which will never let you down. As well as this, however, the Canary Islands have somewhat separated themselves from the rest of Spain in terms of gastronomy.
Check out these unique dishes:
- Canary potatoes- This one of their most famous dishes, although originating from South America. It consists of small potatoes being boiled in salt water which are completely different to the traditional Patatas Bravas.
- Fish- Due to its surrounding seas, Tenerife has some world class fresh fish and seafood.
- Wine- Tenerife prides itself on producing some of the world’s most delicious wines.
- Banana crumb muffins- Due to the large availability of bananas the locals have created a typical dessert which is well worth a try.
The food is phenomenal, there´s plenty to choose from; there are so many things to see and do to keep you busy as well as having that all important relaxation time, you won´t know where to start. Click here for more info to see what else Tenerife has to offer.
By: Charlotte Jones